A Jefferson Parish man, Alberto Caceras, is suing a local bar for getting allegedly injured after stepping into a hole in the bar’s parking lot. He is suing the bar and its landlord for failing to maintain areas passed through by pedestrians, failure to upkeep public premises, failing to warn customers, and failing to observe the hazard.
Caceras claims he was at Bottom Line Bar and Grill in Metairie when he was talking to a friend in the parking lot and stepped backwards into a hole. The plaintiff claims that he received disabling injuries in the fall and is suing for suffering, distress, loss of earnings, and medical expenses.
This case is an example of premises liability and personal injury, for which the Law Offices of J. Price McNamara have years of experience representing.
Premises Liability in Baton Rouge and Metairie, LA
You have a case for premises liability if your fall and subsequent injuries were due to dangerous conditions caused by negligence. Landlords and property owners are expected to adhere to a standard of safety; failure to comply can lead to injuries and lawsuits.
Do You Have Grounds for a Premises Liability Lawsuit?
There are some things to consider when filing a lawsuit for premises liability:
- You must be an invitee to the premises (i.e. a customer).
- There are three broad categories of premises liability: slip and fall, trip and fall, and construction accidents. You can consult with one of our attorneys to determine which one yours is.
- You must get yourself and your injuries examined by a doctor to have a case. Keep records of every test and visit.
- There is a statute of limitations on filing legal action.
- Contact an attorney right away. The sooner you have an attorney help you with your case, the better your chances of building a formidable case.
Call Our Experienced Attorneys for Premises Liability in Louisiana
Call the Law Offices of J. Price McNamara for representation and advice in filing your premises liability or personal injury lawsuit. Your first consultation with us is free, and we will be honest and forthcoming with you about whether you have a case based off of the evidence. We have two offices: Baton Rouge (225) 201-8311 and Metairie (504) 458-8455. Give us a call today for free legal advice!
Following graduation from Loyola Law School in New Orleans in 1990, Price McNamara served as a Federal Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable John M Shaw, Chief Judge, United States District Court Western District of Louisiana.
Mr. McNamara founded the Law Offices of J. Price McNamara, and began putting his past experience to work for the injured and disabled clients he now represents against the insurance companies in personal injury and long term disability and other insurance disputes in both federal and state courts