AV@ PreeminentTM Rated J. Price McNamara
The Martindale-Hubbell® AV® Preeminent™ rating is
the highest possible rating for an attorney for both
ethical standards and legal ability. It is achieved by peer
recommendation – by members of the bar and the
Personal injury attorney J. Price McNamara has achieved the prestigious AV® Preeminent™ Rating from Martindale-Hubbell®.
Following graduation from Loyola Law School in New Orleans in 1990, Price McNamara served as a Federal Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable John M Shaw, Chief Judge, United States District Court Western District of Louisiana, until 1991 He then spent years as an insurance company attorney, defending automobile and truck insurers as well as industrial offshore vessel owners, offshore drilling contractors and their insurers against a broad range of personal injury and other insurance disputes with the law firm of Hailey, McNamara, Hall, Larmann & Papale in Metairie, while earning an advanced masters law degree in Environmental Law from Tulane Law School in New Odeans at night.
In 1995, Mr. McNamara left the insurance and injury defense practice to serve two years representing the State of Louisiana as a felony trial division prosecutor.
In 1995, Mr. McNamara founded the Law Offices of J. Price McNamara, and began putting his past experience to work for the injured and disabled clients he now represents against the insurance companies in personal injury and long term disability and other insurance disputes in both federal and state courts. While this forms the bulk of his practice, practice areas include: personal injury, ERISA long term disability fire and other insurance claims, maritime, offshore, Jones Act workers’ compensation (including state and longshore and harbor workers’ compensation act), contract and business litigation, wills, successions and estates: federal and state court criminal defense.
- Law Offices of J Price McNamara, Baton Rouge (Headquarters) and Metairie, Louisiana 1995 to present. Main practice focusing on personal injury and long term disability law, including motor vehicle collision, maritime, offshore and Jones Act injuries, wrongful death, spinal cord injuries, brain injuries, construction accidents, defective products, nursing home neglect insurance disputes including insurance bad faith claims, burn injuries, closed-head injuries, premises liability and ERISA.
- Jefferson Parish District Attorney’s Office, Felony Trial Division Prosecutor, Gretna, Louisiana 1995-1997 Responsible for prosecuting all division felony crimes including drug offenses, child molestation, theft, burglary, robbery, fraud, rape and murder.
- Law Office of Hailey, McNamara, Hall, Larmann & Papale, Metairie, Louisiana 1991-1995 Insurance company attorney handling federal and state court defense of automobile and truck insurance companies, offshore drilling companies, industrial offshore vessel owners, their insurers and others against personal injury lawsuits.
- Honorable John M. Shaw, Chief Judge, United States District Court, Western District of Louisiana, Lafayette, Louisiana. 1990-1991. Law Clerk to Federal Judge for civil and criminal dockets.
- 1995 Masters Law Degree, LL. M Energy and Environment Tulane Law School, New Orleans, Louisiana.
- 1990 Law Degree, Loyola Law School, New Orleans, Louisiana.
- 1987 Bachelor of Arts Degree, School of Business Administration, Finance Concentration (with Honors), Loyola University, New Orleans, Louisiana.
- 1983 Licensed Single-Engine Land and Sea Plane Pilot, Airtaix School of Aviation, New Orleans, Louisiana.
- 1982 Graduate, Jesuit High School.
- Louisiana State Bar Association, 1990 (in good standing)
- Supreme Court for the State of Louisiana, admitted to practice law in all Louisiana State Courts, 1990.
- United States District Courts for the Eastern District of Louisiana, 1990.
- United States District Courts for the Middle District of Louisiana, 1990.
- United States District Courts for the Western District of Louisiana, 1990.
- US. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, 1990.
Mr. McNamara holds the highest possible peer review rating of 5W” (New High to Pre-Eminent’) for professional excellence and ethical standards.
Our Limited Caseload, Personal Client Attention Approach
Mr. McNamara’s work philosophy is to limit the number of cases he handles at a given time so he can dedicate the time necessary to fully educate each client on the case and the process so the client understands his or her own claim completely That way, the client understands exactly what will happen next and why, making the entire process less stressful because the client is fully informed. When Mr. McNamara accepts a case, he is dedicated to devoting the time and resources required to win it.
In pursuit of his mission to stop insurance companies from taking advantage of the injured and disabled, Mr. McNamara has won millions of dollars in numerous notable jury verdicts and successful settlements (See Our Successes) against large insurance companies, trucking companies, offshore drilling companies, offshore vessel companies and other corporations. Some examples are:
- Allstate Insurance Co.
- Farmer’s Insurance Co.
- Farm Bureau Insurance Co.
- Encompass Insurance Co.
- State Farm Insurance Co.
- Travelers Insurance Co.
- Progressive Insurance Co.
- Liberty Mutual Insurance Co.
- Protective Insurance Co
- ld Republic Insurance Co.
- Clarendon National Insurance Co.
- St. Paul Insurance Co.
- Lumbermens Insurance Co.
- Centennial Insurance Co.
- Shelter Insurance Co.
- Westport Insurance Co.
- The Hartford Disability Insurance Co.
- Empire Fire & Marine Insurance Co.
- Black Trucking, Inc.
- Blake Offshore Drilling Co.
- Lytal Marine Operators.
- Boh Brothers Construction Co.
- Jones Motor Co.
- Richard Oil & Fuel.
- Hill City Oil Co.
- Yellow Transportation.
- Transit Management of Southeast Louisiana.
- Lifemark Hospitals of Louisiana.
We answer any questions you have for FREE. We welcome telephone calls or the opportunity to visit you in person to answer any questions you may have about your case without charge and without any obligation on your part whatsoever to hire us as your attorney
We also provide FREE, comprehensive case reviews. Just contact us and we are happy to speak with you by telephone or in person to speak with you about your case in detail without charge. There is no obligation whatsoever to hire us as your attorney
If you ultimately decide to hire us to represent you in a personal injury, wrongful death or disability insurance claim, we handle them on a contingent fee basis. Our fee is earned and our advanced litigation costs are recovered only when we recover for you by settlement or trial judgment. Our clients owe us nothing, no fee and no reimbursement of our advanced litigation costs, no matter how large, unless we recover.
Mr. McNamara holds the highest possible peer review rating of (Very High to Pre-Eminent’) for professional excellence and ethical standards.
WITH OFFICES IN BATON ROUGE (HEADQUARTERS) AND METAIRIE, MR. MCNAMARA ACCEPTS SELECT LOUISIANA CASES STATEWIDE