Common Types of Car Accidents in Louisiana
Most Louisiana automobile accidents are caused by common types of driver errors. These can include rear-end collisions, improper left turns, right turns, or U-turns, improper lane changes, among other situations.
Common Reasons for Louisiana Car Accidents
There are many reasons that a car accident may occur. Below are some of the most common types of car accidents as well as their usual causes:
- Rear-end collisions are almost always a result of a car following too closely to the car in front of it. When this happens, and the car in front makes a sudden – or sometimes, not-so-sudden – stop, and the other driver simply does not have the time to activate the brakes before a collision occurs.
- Improper left turns. Often the person making the turn misjudges how fast oncoming traffic is approaching, and does not leave enough time to complete the turn. Improper left turn accidents can be very serious, because the car turning left may have to cross several lanes of oncoming traffic in order to reach the destination.
- U-turns are often illegal, and almost always risky. Because the driver making the U-turn is turning the car completely in the other direction—usually against both on-coming and normal traffic flow—they cannot see what is happening behind them. On-coming cars may be changing lanes, while cars in normal traffic flow are making legal and proper lane changes and other maneuvers.
- Right-turn accidents can occur when the driver neglects to move over into the far right lane before making the turn. Other drivers who are also making right turns and have entered the proper lanes can come up beside that car, resulting in a collision.
- Left-turn, right-turn, and U-turn accidents can also be a result of driver impairment. When a driver is under the influence of alcohol or drugs, it can be easier to think that they can make that turn with plenty of time to spare. When impaired drivers are involved in rear-end collisions, it may be because they could not correctly determine how close they were to the other car.
What to Do After Being Injured in a Louisiana Car Accident
An experienced Louisiana personal injury attorney is aware of all the factors that can cause automobile accidents and knows how to seek justice on your behalf. No one should ever have to go into debt paying medical bills caused by someone else’s reckless driving.
No one wants to be responsible for causing an accident resulting in personal injury, but when people drive without obeying the rules of the road, accidents will happen, and when they do, calling a Louisiana personal injury attorney may be your best and most necessary recourse.
Contacting a Louisiana Car Accident Lawyer
If you have been seriously injured due to someone else’s negligence, don’t let your medical bills put you in debt. Get the compensation you deserve by contacting a Louisiana personal injury attorney who can explain your legal rights and help you file a personal injury claim. Contact a Louisiana personal injury lawyer today at the Law Offices of J. Price McNamara – 866-248-0580.