What should I do if I’m involved in a Louisiana Car Accident?
If you’ve been involved in a Louisiana car accident, there are a few basic steps that you can take in the minutes and days after your accident to protect your rights. If you’ve been injured or suffered property damage because of this accident, these precautionary measures will become critical in the event that you decide to pursue a personal injury lawsuit to recover damages.
Steps to Take After a Louisiana Car Accident
- Report the accident. Contact emergency services or the police immediately. Be sure to get an official police report of the accident as soon as possible.
- Takes complete notes. Write down everything about the events that lead up to and during the accident while it’s fresh in your mind.
- Take photos or videos. You should document as much as possible, including your accident injuries and any damage to your car as well as the surrounding accident scene.
- Get contact information from witnesses. If there were witnesses to your accident, collect their complete contact information, including name, address, phone number and email address.
- Keep good records of your resultant medical bills, car repair costs and income losses that are a direct result of the car accident.
Your next step is to contact a skilled Louisiana personal injury attorney. He or she will work with you to strengthen and build your personal injury case. Your Louisiana accident attorney will review your economic and non-economic damages and ensure you receive a comprehensive settlement for the pain and loses you’ve suffered. Contact us to schedule your FREE legal consultation today – (866) 617-6298.