What damages can I recover through my personal injury claim in Louisiana?
When you submit a personal injury claim there are two types of damages you can recover. The first type are economic damages.
Economic damages are damages that directly relate to expenses you accrued as a result of an injury.
- Past and future medical expenses that are related to the injury. Often times there will be permanent injuries that will require long term care. This also includes aggravation of a pre-existing condition.
- Past and future lost income that comes as a result of not being able to work and time spent away from work due to the injury.
- Costs related to repairs related to your car or other belongings that were damaged in an accident.
There are also damages you can recover that are not economic in nature.
- General pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma and suffering that come about because of a personal injury or loss of a loved one. Loss of companionship is a major form of emotional trauma
- Any embarrassment that comes as a result of an injury or accident. Often embarrassment will directly correlate with emotional trauma or loss of money.
- Any loss of enjoyment of life.
A skilled personal injury attorney will be able to asses both your economic and non-economic damages and make sure your settlement is equal to the pain you’ve experienced. Their experience and resources are your best bet for recovering all the damages you can in your personal injury lawsuit.
Don’t settle for less than you’re worth!
Our Offices & Locations
Whether you’re in Louisiana, Texas, or anywhere in the Gulf Coast region, J. Price McNamara and
his legal support team are focused on building a strong case for you. Explore our locations below.