Crowley Personal Injury Lawyer
If you have sustained injuries in an accident, you may be feeling overwhelmed by the challenges you face ahead. At the Law Offices of J. Price McNamara, we know that serious injuries often come with medical, legal, and financial issues that can be difficult to deal with alone. An experienced Crowley personal injury lawyer can help you protect your rights, as well as work to get you the compensation you deserve.
Compensation for Your Injuries in Crowley
Each personal injury case is unique, and various factors are at play in determining the amount of compensation you are eligible to receive. If you are wondering what kind of injuries qualify as personal injury claims, as well as how to know whether or not you have a lawsuit, a Crowley personal injury can help.
Damages You Can Receive
Regardless of the type of injury you are dealing with, you may be feeling some distress at the prospect of the expenses ahead. Your Crowley personal injury lawyer can help you recover monetary compensation for the following:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
What Is Negligence?
Negligence occurs when a person fails to fulfill their duty of care, meaning their obligation to look out for the safety of others in daily life. If someone’s negligence contributes to your injury, you may be able to receive damages.
Crowley Car Accident Injuries
The bulk of personal injury claims involve car accidents, which come with some legal challenges. For instance, you may have to determine who is at fault, as well as get insurance companies to pay up. If you were the passenger in the accident, you may be able to file a claim against the driver’s insurance company. Even if you were the driver and partially at fault, you could still have a personal injury case.
When business owners are negligent in their duty to care for the safety of their employees, this may cause work-related injuries. They have an obligation to make sure that the workplace is safe, which may mean providing:
- Hard hats in areas where using a hard hat would be appropriate
- Protective equipment in areas where employees may be handling dangerous chemicals
Other work-related injuries may include fall injuries, for example:
- Where there is unattended water on the floor
- Where a platform lacks proper securing with a railing or banister
If you sustained injuries in a work-related incident, you may file a claim with Workers’ Compensation.
Slip and Fall Injuries in Crowley
Likewise, property owners have a duty of care to anyone who may be on their property. They have an obligation to be aware of potential hazards that could cause injury to others. If you were injured in a slip and fall accident, you may be able to recover damages if:
- The property owner knew about the hazard but didn’t do anything about it.
- The property owner claims that they were aware of the hazard, but someone similarly situated would have known about it.
Dog Bite Injuries
With dog bite injuries, liability usually falls on the dog owner, regardless of where the injury occurred: your property, public property, or even the owner’s property. Your Crowley personal injury lawyer will help you in determining how much compensation you can receive in a dog bite injury claim.
Defective Product Injuries
If a defective product caused injury or death, you may have a personal injury claim against the manufacturer. Here are some examples of defective products:
- Faulty brakes on your car
- Malfunctioning medical product or device
- Playground equipment
In a medical malpractice claim, you must prove that the medical professional administered incompetent or unreasonable medical care. Your Crowley personal injury lawyer will examine the standard of care exercised, as well as look for three major things:
1) Lack of Informed Consent
A medical malpractice claim based on lack of informed consent must prove that:
- The medical professional did not fully inform the patient of the benefits and risks of a certain medical procedure, or
- The medical professional performed a procedure on a patient against his or her wishes.
2) Mistakes in Treatment
A medical malpractice claim based on mistakes in treatment must meet two elements:
- The medical professional made a mistake in the treatment of the patient’s condition; and,
- A reasonable, competent doctor would not have made the mistake in treatment.
3) Improper Diagnosis
A medical malpractice claim based on improper diagnosis must meet similar elements:
- The diagnosis was made improperly; and,
- A reasonable, competent doctor with the same information would not have made the same mistake and would have made the correct diagnosis.
If necessary, your Crowley personal injury lawyer will retain a medical expert from the appropriate field to review your case.
Speak to a Crowley Personal Injury Lawyer About Your Claim
Don’t try to deal with the legal and financial issues that come with serious injuries alone. Call the Law Offices of J. Price McNamara today to speak to an experienced Crowley personal injury lawyer who can help you.